How Can We Help?
Test Headline Goes Here
Sign Up Today
Put any text you want to appear before the form here. This section can be turned on or off.
Terms & Conditions?
CONTEST: What drives you to #AchieveMore?
Terms & Conditions?
CONTEST: What drives you to #AchieveMore?
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND D.C. WHO, AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY, ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, ARE ENROLLED AS A STUDENT AT, OR EMPLOYED AS AN INSTRUCTOR, FACULTY, ADMINISTRATOR OR STAFF AT, A HIGHER EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION WITHIN ANY OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR D.C.. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. U.S. PROMOTION LAWS GOVERN THIS CONTEST.
- ELIGIBILITY:The Spring 2020 Macmillan Learning Driven to AchieveMore Contest (the “Contest”), sponsored by Bedford, Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC, doing business as Macmillan Learning (“Sponsor”), is open only to persons who, as of the date of entry (and, if a winner, as of the date of prize fulfillment), are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older, enrolled as a student at, or employed as an instructor, faculty, administrator or staff at, a higher educational institution within any of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia. Any person who as of the date of entry (and, if a winner, as of the date of prize fulfillment) is an employee of Sponsor or any of Sponsor’s parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or advertising or promotion agencies, or a member of the immediate family or household (whether or not related) of any such employee, is not eligible. Eligibility determinations will be made by Sponsor in its discretion and will be final and binding. U.S. law governs this Contest. Void where prohibited by law.
- HOW TO ENTER: : The entry period for the Contest begins at 9 am Eastern Time (ET) on January 6, 2020 and continues through 11:59 pm ET on May 1, 2020 (the “Entry Period”). To enter, you must visit the contest website (located at https://go.macmillanlearning.com/driven.html) (the “Contest Website”) during the Entry Period and do one of the following:
- create and submit a video; or
- create and submit a photograph accompanied by a written quote
(each, a “Submission”)
The Submission must answer the following question - “What drives you to achieve more?” (the “Entry Topic”).
By submitting the Submission, together with an online entry form, the entrant acknowledges and consents to these Official Rules. Submissions must be posted prior to the conclusion of the Entry Period. Each Submission must comply with all of the guidelines set forth in Section 3. There is a limit of one (1) Submission per person.
All entries are subject to verification at any time. Sponsor will have the right, in its discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility in a form acceptable to Sponsor (including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification). Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
- SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: By submitting a Submission, the entrant represents and warrants that he or she has complied with all of the requirements set forth in this Section 3. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Submission that Sponsor determines does not comply with the guidelines set forth in this Section 3 or to require the entrant to make such changes to any Submission as are necessary to make it compliant. The Submission must comply with the following guidelines: (a) the Submission, if a video, should not be more than five (5) minutes in length; (b) the Submission, if a photograph accompanied by a written quote, should not include more than three hundred words (300) in the written quote; (c) the Submission must not exhibit the entrant engaging in or otherwise promoting any unsafe, illegal, illicit, violent or dangerous behavior; (d) the Submission must be original; (e) the Submission must not contain any music of any kind; (f) the entrant must own the copyright in the Submission; (g) the Submission must not previously have been published for commercial purposes or won any award; (h) the Submission must not contain any material that is defamatory, threatening, indecent, violent, obscene or offensive, or that promotes a political agenda; (i) the Submission must not contain any material that violates or infringes upon the rights of any third party, including without limitation copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity, or that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to any applicable laws or regulations, or whose use by the Contest Entities requires a license or permission from or payment to any third party; (j) if the Submission identifies or depicts any person other than the entrant, the entrant must have prior to submission obtained written consent from such person (or his or her parent or legal guardian, if the person identified or depicted is a minor) to the use by the Contest Entities of the Submission including such person’s name, image and/or other identifying information, as applicable, as permitted hereunder; and (k) the Submission must not contain any material that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems inappropriate for public viewing and/or for posting on Sponsor’s website and/or social media channels. By submitting a Submission, the entrant represents and warrants that he or she has obtained all permissions, licenses and consents that are necessary for the submission of the Submission and the use of the Submission as permitted pursuant to Section 6 of these Official Rules and to verify compliance with the foregoing requirements. Each entrant agrees to provide to Sponsor at Sponsor’s request copies of all such permissions, licenses and consents. In addition, Sponsor may in its discretion require that the consents from or with respect to people identified or depicted in the entrant’s Submission be in a form specified by Sponsor, and at Sponsor’s request, each entrant agrees to obtain from each such person (or a parent or guardian, if applicable) a signed release in such form specified by Sponsor.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Following the conclusion of the Entry Period, nine (9) potential prize winners (three winners in each of the following category: (i) students; (ii) faculty; and (iii) administrators and staff) will be selected by judges designated by Sponsor (the “Judges”) from among all eligible Submissions received during the Entry Period, by applying the following criteria (the “Judging Criteria”), weighted as indicated: (a) extent to which the Submission addresses the Entry Topic (33%), (b) creativity and thoughtfulness (33%), and (c) overall impression (34%). The entrant in each category whose Submission receives the highest score form the Judges based on the Judging Criteria will be a first place prize winner, the entrant in each category whose Submission receives the next-highest score form the Judges based on the Judging Criteria will be second place prize winner, and the entrant in each whose Submission receives the next-highest score form the Judges based on the Judging Criteria will be the third place prize winner, in each instance subject to verification of the winner’s eligibility. In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken based on the tied entrants’ “overall impression” score. The odds of winning depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received. The potential winners will be notified via email (sent to the e-mail address provided by the entrant when entering) and will be required to respond within seventy-two (72) hours of Sponsor’s initial notification attempt. Each potential winner is subject to verification of eligibility and may, in Sponsor’s discretion, be required to complete, sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability, and, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release and any other documentation provided by Sponsor in connection with verification of the potential winner’s eligibility and confirmation of the releases and grant of rights set forth in these Official Rules (as applicable, “Winner Verification Documents”) within three (3) days of attempted delivery of same. The potential winner may also in Sponsor’s discretion be required to complete and return to Sponsor an IRS Form W-9 within three (3) days of attempted delivery of same. If a potential winner cannot be reached or does not respond within seventy-two (72) hours of the initial notification attempt, or if any attempted notification or prize delivery is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner fails to complete, sign and return any required Winner Verification Documents and/or IRS Form W-9 within three (3) days of attempted delivery of same, or if a potential winner does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules and/or cannot accept the prize as awarded for any reason, then the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may, at Sponsor's discretion, be selected for the prize from among the remaining eligible entries as specified in these Official Rules (in which case the foregoing provisions will apply to such newly-selected entrant).
- PRIZES: Nine (9) prizes will be offered as follows:
- Three (3) First Place prizes: gift cards with a retail value of USD $500; The aggregate approximate retail value (“ARV”) ARV of all First Place prizes is $1,500 USD
- Three (3) Second Place prizes: gift cards with a retail value of USD $250; The aggregate ARV of all Second Place prizes is $750 USD; and
- Three (3) Third Place prizes: gift cards with a retail value of USD $100. The aggregate ARV of all Third Place prizes is $300 USD.